This is a very good topic because weevil infestation can happen to anyone in any household.
I recently came across an online discussion about weevils - small bugs found around in your house and pantry. If you see anything like this you better check all your food in the pantry, especially flours and grains.
There is also a possibility you could find them in your wheat bag especially if you haven't used it for a while.
If this is the case, here are some tips to get rid of weevils and prevent re-infestation:
- Immediately dispose of your infested wheat bag in the rubbish bin outside
- Do the same with your contaminated food
- Clean and wipe all the shelves around
- Keep your flours and grains in airtight containers
- Do check and tidy up your pantry regularly
- Keep some bay leaves on the shelves - they are a natural insect repellent
If you don't use your wheat bag often (every week) you better store it in the freezer. Using it often means you are quite safe as no bug (egg, larvae or adult) would survive the high heat from the microwave.
I do take extra care when selecting and using my wheat for my wheat bags, and check and double check its condition and quality.
So you can buy your wheat bag in full confidence.
I am passionate about healthy and ecological living, simple and natural things that give pure happiness and children's laughter.